Gear Navigation: Google Maps Navi on Samsung Watch
Compatible with Galaxy Watch, Gear S2 / S3 / Sport, Gear 1, Gear 2, Gear S. For Gear Fit see [...]
- Current Version: 100,000+
- Updated: Learn More
- Requires Android: 9.89
- Installs: 4.8M
Compatible with Galaxy Watch, Gear S2 / S3 / Sport, Gear 1, Gear 2, Gear S. For Gear Fit see below.
It needs the free companion app "Gear Navigation" from Samsung Galaxy Apps to work.
How to use:
- Install Samsung Gear and connect with your Gear smartwatch.
- Install this "Gear Navigation" app.
- Install free "Gear Navigation" app from Samsung Store on your Smartwatch. (Go to: Apps > Samsung Gear > Samsung Galaxy Apps).
- Start Gear Navigation app on your phone.
- Allow the app to read notifications. (Go to: Settings > Security > Notification Access and enable Gear Navigation).
- Start Google Maps Navigation and instructions will be pushed to your smartwatch.
- Ensure your Gear watch is connected to Phone and you have Samsung Gear installed.
- If the app still only shows the "Ready" message, please ensure that maps notifications are activated and displayed on your phone (Go to: Settings > Apps > Maps and enable "Show notifications").
- If messages on the watch are delayed or stop entirely, please exempt "Gear Navigation" from power saving and/or switch off power saving and task killer apps.
- Restart smartphone AND Gear watch
- Uninstall from phone, restart phone (important) and reinstall the app
For Gear Fit2 (Pro) use the following app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=smartwatchstudios.app.gearfit20navigation
- No Comments